Provident Capital Partners (“Provident”) is a leading investor in and manager of businesses, primarily in South East Asia.
Provident's major investments are:
- a controlling shareholding in PT Tower Bersama Infrastructure Tbk., a listed telecommunication tower company with a market capitalization of approx US$ 3 billion as at December 2012
- a controlling shareholder in PT Provident Agro Tbk., a listed palm oil plantation company with a market capitalization of approx US$250m as at 31 December 2012
- a controlling shareholding in Provident Bio Fuels, a Singapore based trader in biomass
- a controlling shareholding in Provident Properties, an owner and manager of Singapore industrial property
- substantial shareholdings in Australian listed mining companies Sumatra Copper & Gold plc, Finders Resources Ltd. and Sihayo Gold Ltd.
- substantial shareholding in Australian listed oil & gas company Sundance Energy Ltd.
Provident Capital’s founders and major shareholders are Winato Kartono, Hardi Wijaya Liong and Gavin Caudle.
In addition to several thousand employees employed in operating companies, Provident has more than 20 finance professionals based in Jakarta and Singapore who assist operating entities with financing and major mergers and acquisitions as well as assessing new investments.